A Guide To Incognito Hidden Braces For Brides
What all do you need to get ready for your wedding? Your bridal gown and morning suit? Bridesmaids’ dresses? What you’re most worried about is your appearance. It’s not too late to fix crooked or misaligned teeth, not if you use Incognito™ braces – read on to know why.
Why You Need To Rush
Incognito braces offer you 100% custom lingual brace treatment that’s targeted towards specific problem areas in your jaw. If you have a wedding coming up, you might want to hurry up and get a consultation immediately. The treatment might take a few months to a few years to complete, so do hurry and get started.
Here’s The Good News
Incognito braces will not just improve your smile a little day by day, but you can actually still be wearing them on the D-Day. And no one will be the wiser. Why? Because Incognito braces are custom-made lingual braces which are very strategically placed at the backsides of your teeth. So you can smile with confidence, knowing that your smile is better already, and knowing that no photo will ever capture your braces.
When To Use Incognito Lingual Braces
Incognito braces are ideal if your teeth are protruding, crooked, widely spaced, overlapping, inverted or overcrowded. In any of these situations, you can feel free to approach a well-known orthodontist and confidently ask for incognito braces. Remember, only very senior and experienced orthodontists will have the technical expertise to fix lingual braces. So be sure to consult the best orthodontist you can afford.
How It Works
- Your orthodontist will take pictures of your teeth and create a treatment plan. A simple correction might take a few months, but anything major can take a year to two years.
- Your orthodontist will talk you through the process and show you clay models of what your custom treatment will look like.
- After this, a plastic mold will be applied to your teeth with a gooey substance inside it. This mold will be used to create your metal braces, which will take a few weeks to arrive. You can choose the metal for your braces– titanium alloy or gold. Gold has a low allergy risk and is highly compatible with your gums.
- Your orthodontist will fit one arch at a time, giving your teeth and gums enough time to get used to it. This will necessitate several sittings.
- Once applied, the braces will move your teeth gradually according to the direction given to the metal wires connected to them.
- You will have to keep away from crusty bread, chewing gum and other crumbly or sticky food items.
- You’ll also need to be careful while brushing your teeth so that food particles don’t get caught in between the braces.
- You might experience soreness and minor ulcers on your tongue at first, but this dissipates in a few weeks.
- You might also experience a little lisp at first, which reverses in a few days
- After the treatment is complete, your orthodontist will show you before and after pictures to help you come to grips with the changes.
- You’ll be required to wear think, clear plastic retainers that are more or less like wearing a gum shield. These retainers will help your teeth retain their new shape and alignment.
- You might experience sore gums for a while, but it’ll wear off.
- Depending on the severity of your case, you may need to wear them every night for as long as your orthodontist indicates.
Using incognito braces can actually slow down your ageing, by stopping your gums from shrinking, and thereby preventing wrinkles. This is excellent news for any bride, as we’re sure you’ll agree!